Wednesday 29 March 2017

Ghana by Night




Ghanaians love to party. Or maybe it was just the people I hung around with. Either way, they love to party. A couple of cool places worth checking out in Accra that I went to were:



Twist Night Club

Located in Labone. Twist has a very laid back vibe to it, however they don’t let you wear trainers inside unless you are some sort of VIP. What I like about it is that they have several booths along the sides which could fit about 10 people in each. Booths are reserved for VIP or if you are buying a large amount of bottles. The music like most other clubs in Ghana is the usual Afrobeats, Hip Hop and RnB and Dancehall. The first time I went there, I was with a group in one of the booths and the DJ made the whole club do the mannequin challenge! This was my favourite club in Accra if I’m honest.

                       
Another Friday night in Twist Nightclub



Mint Night Club

Located by Marina Mall. I must say this place is popping! You have to go up the elevator to get to the club and it looks very plush inside. The DJ is also really good and gets everyone crazy. The only problem I had with this place was that it was ram packed! It felt like a sweatbox to me and I couldn’t stay long because I felt as if my makeup was melting after just 10 minutes of being there. However, what I realised was that Ghanaians mainly partied on Friday and Saturday so everyone is trying to get in to the same place.



Plot 7 Night Club

 Another cool venue. I went on a Thursday night so it wasn’t that busy because as mentioned Ghanaians party mostly on Fridays and Saturdays. However, it still had a good amount of people that you can still have a good time with. I like this club because of the amount of space it has inside. I’m not sure how busy it gets on the weekend but it was still pretty good on a weekday.

Skybar25

Located on the 25th Floor (hence the name) on Villiago by the airport residential.  This is a rooftop bar where you get a very beautiful view of the city whilst you sip on a wide selection of drinks. I was told that it was the highest rooftop bar in the city. If you feel like being bougie and don’t mind spending some money, then this a nice place to spend a chilled Friday night.
View of Skybar25 in the evening

No comments :

Post a Comment